Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ups and Downs


This past week didn't go quite as smoothly as the week before. I feel like I sabotage myself. I do well one week then poorly the next and that cycle continues. Persistence not perfection. So I will just keep plugging along and try to modify my behaviors. This morning was my weigh in. I gained 1.8 lbs.

For lunch I had 1/2 cup of brown rice (3 pt+) (using leftovers from Alton Brown's Baked Brown Rice recipe) and mixed it with 2.5 oz of leftover grilled chicken (2 pt+), steamed broccoli (0 pt+) and a single serving of cauliflower with cheese (1 pt+). It was a good size bowl for only 6 pts. I'll take that over a frozen meal anytime. So good.

For a mini meal later, I made a salad that I've been excited about. I got the recipe from Skinnytaste.com . I used about 1/2 cup watermelon (0 pt+), 1 tsp olive oil (1 pt+), 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (0 pt+), a couple slices vidalia onion (0 pt+), 1 T feta (1 pt+) and arugula (0 pt+). It was really good!
Tonight we are going to a neighbor's house for drinks. I need to plan ahead what I'll drink. I'm thinking about Crystal Light with 1 oz vodka (2 pt+). I could probably have a couple of those. Or Skinny Girl Margaritas but I'm not sure of the points. Or MGD 64 which I'll have to look up the points for that also.

No comments:

Post a Comment